This 6th floor apartment in the American Thread Building, one of the most prestigious landmark 24 hr. doorman buildings in TriBeCa (the "Triangle Below Canal") is now rented but will be available unfurnished for rental again on a one or two-year lease - for more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The apartment is approximately 1900 sq. ft. and has recently undergone a complete six-month renovation to a very high standard. It contains:
- Two bedrooms (the master with ensuite bathroom and large walk-in dressing room)
- Spacious living and dining areas
- Separate den/study/TV room
- Shower room
- Fully-integrated, European-style kitchen
The apartment also benefits from having:
- A two-zone, central air-conditioning system with supplementary heating
- Twelve large sun-filled, double glazed windows on two aspects (S, W)
- Excellent closet space
- Recessed low-voltage led lighting
- Hardwood floors
The American Thread Building also offers:
- Large roof terrace and gym for exclusive use by residents
- Large commercial sized washing machines and dryers on each floor
(additional to those in apt)
- Excellent transportation links
- A, C, and E trains are adjacent to the building
- #1 train is two short blocks to the south
- #6 train is only a short walk
- M5 bus (uptown) is across the street
- M20 bus (downtown/uptown), one block away (down on Varick, up on Hudson)
One of the first conversions of a large commercial building in TriBeCa to luxury loft apartments, the American Thread Building is a handsome structure with a curved frontage and an imposing staircase entrance with two-story high columns and an attractive cast-iron gate.
It was erected in 1893 as the Wool Exchange Building and converted to a condominium in 1980. The 11-story, beige-brick building, which is one block south of Canal Street, contains 51 apartments.
Over the years, its residents have included the supermodels Gisele Bündchen and Naomi Campbell and actress Isabella Rossellini, as well as Cindy Lauper, the famous pop star. Current owners include at least one well-known artist and award-winning film director.
There are a wealth of great restaurants, boutiques and shops in Soho and TriBeCa and the building is close to the park along the Hudson including its fantastic riverside bike path. "Vest-pocket-sized" TriBeCa Park right on the doorstep makes the perfect front yard.
This is a rare opportunity to enjoy living in one of the most prestigious buildings in Lower Manhattan.